Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hovering

My weight is hovering just above my official WI and I'm having trouble getting it down. On one hand I've been at home sick for the last three days, so I'm not getting my walk to school in, which may be making a difference. I also had something other than stew yesterday, for the first time since I bought my slow cooker two weeks ago. I think this has upped my calories a little so my body has to adjust. Or I have to go back to stew.

Today I have some little meat balls that are sold for use in nabe, I'm going to cook them with onions and yellow peppers and add them to a pasta gratin I'm making. I'm not sure why but I had a sudden craving for it.

My supervisor is coming after school today 'to check I'm OK', read: to check I'm still sick and am not just taking the opportunity to have a few days off. It's something I get really annoyed with here, the constant looking over your shoulder, as if I can't make the judgement myself. It's my body, I know what I can do and what I can't at the moment, and given that she's not a doctor I'm not sure what she's hoping to prove. I think not lying in bed looking like death warmed over anymore means to her that I'm fine and faking it, but even if my fever is gone my voice hasn't recovered yet so I can't go back to teaching classes yet.

I texted her yesterday to tell her I wouldn't be in today and probably not tomorrow (I had classes today but none tomorrow, so I don't see the point in dragging myself to school to sit at my desk), but I would definitely be in Friday to teach my third year class. Which then prompted her visit. Which means I'm now going to have to strain my throat making pointless conversation until I've proven whatever it is she's looking for.

2 comments:

kathrynoh said...

That sounds really annoying. Will she bring food? Cos that would be good.

carla said...

it's always hard for me when Im home..sick or not...as there is plain ole too much food around :) and if youre me too much timespentsittingonarse!

MizFit