Sunday, November 30, 2008

Here! Also, a request

TOM left this morning, and took the very last of my sore throat with it, so I woke up this morning feeling good. I cleaned my apartment and put the vacuum round yesterday too, which always leaves me feeling better about everything.

How was Thanksgiving? I maintain my relief that it's not a gauntlet I have to run out here, and will save my food terror for its appropriate Christmas tour. I hope you all enjoyed the Black Friday sales, I know Scale Junkie did anyhow! I envy your sales, I miss just going out and shopping even if it is what got me into trouble in the first place. I shouldn't miss shopping with all the things I've bought this week really, but that was for other people rather than myself. The bright side is that I've almost finished all the Christmas shopping I have to do, just my little brother's Christmas gift and my dad's birthday present left to get (my friends will get things from Malaysia when I get back as their presents).

I have decided definitely to do Phase 1 again.I have a gained a little again this week and want to nip things in the bud before the get out of control. I was toying with the idea in the back of my mind and writing it here yesterday really solidified it for me. I had eggs with onion and mushrooms for lunch. I think the major problem for me this week is going to be the fact that it's exam week so the teachers expect to go out to lunch because this is one of the weeks they actually have time to. It's really tempting as it breaks up the boredom of the day, but I don;t think I can do it next week, physically, mentally or financially. I told my supervisor on Friday that I would go to lunch with her tomorrow, so I will, but after that I'm going to have to try telling them that I need to save all my money for KL and see if that can hold them off.

I've just remembered that I meant to go into town today and grab a secret Santa gift for next week and some Christmas decorations, but it's almost dark now and it's cold outside. Looks like I'll be doing it either after school (so it will still be cold and dark I suppose) or next Saturday.

Does anyone have any contemporary romance book recommendations? I'm usually a regency girl, but I also like Janet Chapman, and I really liked Lisa Kleypas' move into contemporary too. Someone other than Nora Roberts please!

0 comments: