Monday, November 10, 2008

Gah

About 2:30 I started feeling kind of bad, like there was pressure building up in my ears, and my throat felt kind of off. I finished up some lesson prep for tomorrow to distract me and make the time go faster. The pressure built to a pounding headache that I staggered home with after work was done. When I got in I had some water and changed into my plushy dressing gown. I added a few gravy granules to my crock pot to thicken the stew up and ate two (little, rice) bowls of it, before finally caving and taking some Tylenol for for my head. I am now waiting for it to kick in.

I have a bag of satsumas, I have just had one for dessert and I will nurse the others for the rest of the evening, hopefully the shot of vitamin C will help to kick whatever this is away.

I'm so close to just crawling into bed now, but given that it's 17:16 I'll just be awake come 3am if I do. The moment it's not entirely pathetic I am crashing.

Ow. I want these pills to kick in dammit.

Edit: One hour later and the pain is gone, but kind of hovering? It doesn't feel like someone is trying to crush my skull any more though, ahhh, sweet relief.

8 comments:

Tully said...

God that sound awful. Take care and get some sleep. :-)

Cinderella Big Butt said...

Oh, you poor thing. Hope those satsumas kick in and do the trick!

Scale Junkie said...

On no! I'm sorry to hear you're so sick but glad you posted that it doesn't feel like someone is crushing your skull anymore.

(how bad is it that I recognized it was stew when you posted the slow cooker photo LOL)

Julia said...

Dear I hope you feel better!

Chrissie said...

I hope you feel better soon. I was sick a week ago. Yucky!

spunkysuzi said...

"hugs" it's definitely going around!! I was sick last week as well.
Glad your pill kicked in and at least your feeling human ;)

Cammy said...

Uh-oh, hope you're continuing to improve!

JanetM97 said...

HOpe you feel ALL better, soon!