Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Challenge WI

Today I lost 1.2KG/2.6LBS, and oddly, I'm kind of disappointed.

Now, I'm not crazy most of the time. I know that 2.6LBS is not a bad loss by any stretch of the imagination (and really, can any loss at all be considered 'bad'?), but two days ago I weighed in at 108.4KG, which would have put me on track for an almost 4lb loss, which in turn would have tipped me over the 10KG lost mark. Now, thanks to what I think was probably the fact that I ate out last night (I didn't eat unhealthily, or too much, but it was restaurant food and that tends to make a difference), I didn't make that milestone. I think it is just a blip for today because of last night, but I wish it had been a blip for tomorrow instead! I was thinking of just saying 'screw it' and putting my low weight down but then decided not to.

So, let's focus on the good that weigh-in did me, shall we? Today I:

Got a new melting snowman
Made it over the 20LB lost mark
Made it past my halfway point
Made it into the 230's (just!)

I think at this point I won't be making it to my final Christmas Challenge goal because I wasted so much time (err... hi October!), but I would like to lose another 10LBS if I can manage it so that I can be in the 220's when I leave on holiday.

7 comments:

spunkysuzi said...

Now that's a nice loss and i certainly think 10 lbs is do-able :)

SeaShore said...

Well, 2.6 is a fabulous loss, but I understand your disappointment, and you're right, it is the restaurant food! That stuff is loaded with sodium.

My husband wanted to pick up some take out tonight and I looked at him like he was crazy and said, "But I weigh in tomorrow!" He then looked at me like I was crazy, but we stayed home ;)

Just think of the fabulous loss you'll be able to record next week!

Tully said...

I know what you mean about being slightly disappointed, but 20 pounds lost all up sounds amazing. You must be starting to really feel a difference.

I bet that you are probably just retaining water from the salt in the food you ate out anyway.

Great work girl!

Chrissie said...

Good job on the loss. That's awesome. Keep up the good work.

Scale Junkie said...

Great loss, those other pounds will be next week's insurance policy!

Chubby Chick said...

You are doing great! Congrats on the new snowman! :)

Michelle said...

Yay on your new snowman. 2.6 is awesome!!! Keep it up and I'm sure you can lose the 10 lbs. for your goal.