Sunday, November 16, 2008

Breaking news: still sick, still fat.

I saw a bump up on the scale this morning, but am keeping calm because I saw the same thing earlier this week and it was followed by a drop later.

I'm bored, and kind of sick of my own company, but I don't feel up to going out to others or entertaining, so I guess I'm just going to have to bear it. Even if I decided to go out today, my friends are all really busy this weekend. I was supposed to be out with them, but obviously that didn't happen.

Sigh. I don't know if I'm going to be up to going to work tomorrow and that makes me feel guilty, the kids have their exams in two weeks so there isn't really time to rearrange their lesson. I'm hoping the teacher can just use my lesson plan himself so they don't miss out, as I've taught it with him once before so he knows how it goes and has the hand-outs to copy. My throat doesn't hurt so long as I take the medicine regularly, but my voice is still shot and I have developed a hacking cough not at all helpful to the classroom teaching environment. Bah, I don't know what to do. If I'm not going then I need to call my supervisor tonight to tell her.

1 comments:

kathrynoh said...

I hate that part of being sick - it really is awful. You don't have any dvds to watch or something to take your mind off things?

I actually wanted to email you but don't have your addy - have been thinking of travelling from Japan to the UK next year and wanted to ask if you knew the best airlines, approx costs etc. When you are feeling better, if you could email me at kathrynoh@nemesis.com.au, I'd really appreciate it.