Friday, November 14, 2008

...

Dear Canadian prison,

WTF?

Love and kisses, me.

I've finally caved and asked my supervisor to take me to the doctor tonight. My throat doesn't seem to be getting any better and the white spots on my tonsils are still there. It's now been five days and the over the counter medicine I bought is gone and doesn't seem to be helping anyway. I'm going to feel really stupid when he tells me it's a cold and to get over myself because I just have to wait it out, but I'd rather go and have it checked to make doubly sure it's not strep or something.

I put honey in my oatmeal today because people keep telling me to drink honey and lemon tea, but I hate lemon tea. Conclusion? It helped a little (I felt slightly less raw after, whether from the mixture or from the fact that oatmeal is warm and soft I don't know), and I don't like honey.

1 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

It's never stupid to have a doctor confirm your opinion it's "just a cold," especially when you feel really bad and it lingers. Because, in truth, it MAY NOT BE a cold, and it's good to know, either way.

So, take that honey, sip that tea (even without lemon).

My mom used to take a big spoon, put honey on it, and squeeze the lemon on top. I'd swallow that. :)

Hugs for healing,
The P