Thursday, October 30, 2008

November Goal

Tully has had a really good idea for November where she's going to try and not eat out for the whole month. I think this is a really good idea and I'm going to do the same, with a few adaptions.

1) I am going to have one eat out meal a week, on Tuesdays at lunch, because that is the day we have a visiting teacher and we always go out to eat. I will try to practice healthy habits where-ever we go though.

2) I am going to include certain parts of my supermarket as 'take-away' food, and therefore include that in the foods I won't have in November. Specifically, I'm not allowing myself to go to the bakery, or to buy anything from the 'ready to eat' service section, because these are two really bad areas for me. Not only do I spent too much money there, the foods are often bought either as part of a binge, or they cause one later. Until/If I can learn to control myself with them we'll talk, but if I'm honest with myself I know that right now I can't.

I think this will be really good for me. It cuts out a huge part of where my worst choices are being made, and financially it will help me to get through this month. I've gotten really bad at packing my lunch for work too, leading me to spend money at the konbini on sandwiches and things, which I think leads me to my next point:

3) No more konbini lunches.

Now, I've been eating fairly healthily buying lunch there quite recently, but in terms of money it's not worth it to spend the extra with things so tight, and mentally I think it's bad for me. There's always the temptation (whether I give in to it or not) so why make it harder on myself? I've bought some instant miso soup packs instead, that way they're in my drawer waiting when I get to school so I don't have to remember to do anything. Also, cheap!

Gah! I want to lose weight. I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT! Obviously I want it all gone, but right now I just want to be at the point where it' not all hanging off my face, which as I mentioned before means losing about 20lbs. If I knuckle down maybe I could lose that before I leave on holiday?

If I knuckle down? Bah. I hate that it's still a question in my head. Why do I do this?

3 comments:

Tully said...

Yay, glad to see you are joining in too. I Now that we have support, we will be unstoppable!

Wow, your supermarket sounds much better then mine. Though I don't envy you all that temptation...

Goodluck!

Chrissie said...

Sounds like a great goal for November. I look forward to seeing how the end of the month turns out.

Cammy said...

"Why do I do this?"

You're human? :) so much easier to plan than to do, but I believe (and I suspect i'm not the only one) you can do it!

I'm impressed with your eat-in goal! Really, really impressed. I can't imagine even trying it. Good luck!