Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's here

My stomach-ache finally came to fruition after too many days wait. I weighed in the very slightest speck down this morning, so I don't have any great hopes for tomorrow, but I'm hoping this means I'll be able to actually drop some numbers next week.

I'm finding it really hard to stick to things without seeing any results. It's too easy to rationalise, too easy to slip, too easy to say I just plain don't care. I'm hoping to see a little difference tomorrow, but I think that it may be unrealistic. I need to see a result on the 13th though, because there will be no reason not to, and I doubt my ability to keep doing what I'm doing otherwise.

Full disclosure: I ate the brownies. Defrosted and scoffed them. They were good. I regret it.

4 comments:

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Yay! It's here, haha!

Good for you for admitting that you ate the brownies, the next time you want to do something like that, come back and read this post and you will see how you felt afterword.

Do you measure yourself? Maybe you can do that too- the combination of weighing and measuring maybe the thing you need for those weeks that the scale doesn't reflect what you're hoping it to. Especially during "that time of the month"... just a thought.

Keep up the great work, don't get discouraged! Learn from your hick-ups and move on. This isn't a onetime shot, it's a total learning curve so don't get discourage by 1 slip-up or 1 "bad" weigh-in... I don't believe any weigh-in is a bad one, it's a chance for you to look back on your previous week and see where you can improve. Maybe you need to add more water in your daily diet, maybe more veggies or maybe a little more exercise...

Remember, you have lost and are well on your way to meeting your goals!

Keep up the awesome work!
Jenny

Alexia @ The One Last Thing said...

Hang in there -- we can do it!

Chrissie said...

Sorry to hear about your stomach ache. I too have been in this don't care mood lately. I had a bad week and work...and well now I am not feeling good...so yeah thats not working too well with my weight loss efforts.