Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hope

I woke up this morning feeling a pressing need to sort myself out. I was planning to just take whatever weigh in came on Monday and then move back to phase one for a week or two, but then as I was lying in bed thinking what I should have for breakfast (err.. note to self takoyaki [fried dough balls with a piece of octopus inside] are not a breakfast food) and I realised that the thought of eating it didn't really make me happy. I made me feel slightly panicked and worried. Food shouldn't make me feel that way.

I've got this energy humming though me right now, even sitting here I'm tapping my foot unable to keep still. I want to clean my apartment, and do my laundry. I want to eat on plan, take a shower and then put on my make-up I have a friend coming over tonight so cleaning was on the cards anyhow, but it's everything. I woke up this morning telling myself I don't want to get caught in that unhappy downward spiral again and instead of having that choking, hopeless feeling, I felt invigorated. The choices that I have to make to stop it seem so clear and manageable, and I don't understand why it can seem so difficult one day and so easy the next.

The scale is going to be up tomorrow, but strangly, right this second, that doesn't seem like the end of the world (even though I deserve it).

4 comments:

emma said...

Wow!! What a great post!! You're attitude to getting back on track is infectious.

I think I have done ok this week (weigh in tomorrow!) but I could have done better and your post has inspired me to get active and stay on plan.

Have a great week.

Salubrious Fervor said...

Thanks for this post, I really need to boost myself, and your helping me along the way. Thanks

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I think we'll know when we've hit upon the right eating plan for us (as unique individuals) when we don't panic or freak, but when we know, "I can eat this and it's good for me and I won't binge and it's nourishing and I'm satisfied and the scale doesn't go up, and might go down some."

I haven't found that quite, quite yet.

We'll get there.

Post. Miss ya.

The P

Jen said...

Your attitude is what will make you succeed! keep it up!

Looking forward in your next post!