Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hee

The last few days have been quite good for my ego. Because of exam week and other things the students don't see me very often, which means they haven't all seen my new (very different) haircut. So I finally had a lesson today and they all started squealing about how cute and pretty I was. Then later I had to go see a teacher in another staff room and one of the students got so involved with giving me a smile and a bow when our eyes happened to meet as I was walking by that he fell down the slope at the side of the path (his friend was practically wetting himself laughing). Finally I went out to lunch with some teachers and a friend and the server who came in with out lunch sets was saying in Japanese how beautiful and white my skin was (I'm very pale [blue eyes/reddish hair], even by western standards).

I'll admit, it's had me preening a little.

1 comments:

Alexia @ The One Last Thing said...

Good for you -- you deserve it!