Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Food and money=99% of my brain space

My supermarket has started selling mozzarella balls (actual small mounds of it packed in liquid, rather than the ready-shredded stuff). I'm not normally a cheese person, I'll eat it melted on stuff, but cheese for cheese's sake? nahh. However yesterday something in my brain went 'mmmmmm nom nom nom' and I came home with a pack. I'm sitting at my computer now with a tomato and mozzarella salad and not regretting the decision one little bit. I laid alternate thick slices of tomatoes and thinner slices of cheese, then sprinkled it with a liberal shake of oregano and drizzled it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

So good.

I had a bit of a nasty shock at the ATM today when I realised I've got much (much!) less money in there than I thought, I should have been paying more attention and now I'm going to be living extremely frugally for the next month as payday was only last week. In an attempt to make sure this doesn't sneak up on me again I got my supervisor to take me to the bank so I could re-order my passbook. They don't have statements sent to you here, you just have a little book that you pop into the ATM and it updates your transactions. Ingenious really, unless you're one of those people (*cough*) that lose their passbooks a week after you move in and just rely on checking your balance every now and again.

On the plus side, my lack of money meant that I couldn't just mindlessly hit the service section of the supermarket when I got hungry tonight, leaving me to forage in my sadly neglected fridge.

I had some Halloween activities I was helping with over the last week and it's resulting in some photos of me that are truly horrifying. I hate being this weight. There is a certain point (about 20-25lbs under where I am now) that all the weight I gain shows up on my face.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

I'll have to try that salad. Sounds yummy!

So sorry for the money woes. I should actually practice more frugality to avoid a similar situation.

SeaShore said...

I feel for you about the pictures! I was feeling pretty good until I saw myself in a video recently. Ouch.