Saturday, October 4, 2008

And so it goes

Last night I had a craving of brownies which led me to make a pan of them at 11pm at night and then eat 2/5ths of it. Not that it matters because apparently my fat is now made of PLASTIC and it made not one blind bit of difference to the scale, which is still staying firmly in place with nary a move.

Luckily I came to my senses before I ate the whole pan. After the first lot I was feeling slightly sick. In the past (God, only a month ago? feels longer) I would wait for the feeling to die down and then have one or two more, then wait again, lather, rinse, repeat. It sounds so screwed up when I actually write that and read it back.

When I realised I was feeling a little sick yesterday I knew I'd gone past the point I should have finished and decided to get them out the way instead of leaving them out and picking at them. I cut them into squares and put them into bags in my freezer. They an be there when a chocolate craving hits next month.

I don't know why I made them. If I'm honest with myself, after I had had a couple of spoons of the batter I was feeling ok and could have stopped there, but then the brownies were in the oven and smelling good while they cooked.

I didn't really realise it, but thinking back to last night, I actually spent some time convincing myself to eat something bad. My period still hasn't turned up so I guess I can't blame that.

So yeah, no movement. Lather, rinse, repeat.

0 comments: