Monday, September 1, 2008

So...

For anyone who has been wondering how I've been doing: Instead of meals for the past three days, I have been working my way through two batches of brownies. I think that pretty much sums things up.

I'm so sick of this whole deal at the moment. I'm tired of being on or off plan - I'm tired of pretending I have a plan when really all I have is the knowledge that even though I know what I could do, I'm not doing it. I'm back up to my heavy-weight and it hasn't been doing me any favours. One of my once a month adult class students asked me what the best food I'd eaten at home was, and I was talking about my mum's cooking and how there are memories attached to the food there that I can't recreate when I cook here, and describing some other British food I'd eaten, when the teacher breaks in with 'Yes, but I think you get fat when you are away' (I replied with "I think you got rude while I was away" and the class laughed, but still: EPIC FAIL TEACHER-MAN!).

I'm fed up of starting again, and I don't know if I'm going to. I always seem to end up back here in the end anyway.

4 comments:

kathrynoh said...

What a horrible thing for someone to say. Sounds like you need a bit of "me" time to cheer yourself up.

Salubrious Fervor said...

Do whats right for you, just make sure you are taking care of YOU!

Marshmallow said...

I'm with Kathryn, both on the horribleness of that being said to you, and the need of 'me' time to cheer yourself up.

As for the being 'off plan' or 'on plan', I recommend reading this post by The Fat Lazy Guy. You don't need to hold yourself up to 'perfection' 100% of the time, that's not realistic, and it's not something you can keep up - which is probably why you're fed up with it all. It doesn't have to be that way!

Iain said...

Some people think rudeness equates with humour. They are wrong.