Monday, September 8, 2008

Result

Be proud of me my eBrethren, though I awoke with only 20 minutes to go before I had to leave I managed to get up and dressed, saute a chicken breast so I could throw together a bento of chicken, cherry tomatoes and string cheese, and both make and scoff a quick breakfast omelet while simultaneously packing my laptop bad and wielding my mascara and toothbrush (thankfully in approximately the right areas of my face). MULTI-TASKING: I HAS IT.

The result of which means that I started my venture into low-carbing as planned, if at a slightly more frantic pace than first hoped for. I'm using the string cheese for a morning and afternoon snack and the chicken/tomatoes for lunch. I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner yet, but it will probably be some kind of protein with either spinach or cabbage.

In other news I just booked my hotel for Malaysia (you are going to be sooo sick of hearing about Kuala Lumpur by the time I go). We ended up spending slightly more ($18-24/night rather than $11-14/night) so that we could have a budget hotel rather than a hostel with shared facilities. We had a lovely looking hotel in mind but after some hard digging on the interwebs I uncovered a veritable plague of bad reviews for the place, so we decided to spend a little more and get somewhere that had excellent reviews across the board.

1 comments:

kathrynoh said...

What would we do without the internet? Imagine the old days when you'd turn up the hotel to find out it was crap! I've had a few places in mind for my hol that had awful reviews. Malaysia sounds like a fun spot for holiday.