Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lazy Day

Tomorrow is the last day of my induction phase! Though still a little nervous of my ability to keep things in check, I am excited at the prospect of moving on to the next step. Monday is going to be awesome, and I don't often feel that way about Mondays.

I went shopping the other day for groceries because we were told a typhoon would hit and the cupboards were bare. I got excited when I realised I could add some of my 'new' foods to my list and found some Quaker porridge oats. I was getting frustrated because I was sure I'd seen them in my supermarket before and hadn't been able to locate them since. Turns out the box I passed over in the 'healthy' section (meal replacement bars and water) because of the picture of what looked like mushroom pudding was precisely what I was looking for. Had I paused to actually read the cover instead of turning away in disgust I would have realised it said OOTOMIIRU (oatmeal) quite clearly, so I have no one to blame for myself. I also bought some apples as my fruit serving.

I had a large late lunch today. A big (by Japanese standards, and by mine too now I think, but probably not Western eaters) steak, with broccoli and onions. I ate it at about 3pm though, because I didn't wake up until about 2pm (shh! it's Saturday) and was hungry for a bigger meal than breakfast. It meant that at dinner time I wasn't hungry though, so I ended up just eating a little pack of cherry tomatoes to see me through the rest of the evening so that I don't get the 11pm munchies.

0 comments: