Saturday, September 13, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

I woke up really thirsty this morning and have been guzzling water since. I have found that I've been feeling thirsty a lot since I started this. Maybe I was always feeling this and can just recognise it now? Before now I would probably just eat something instead.

Yesterday I was supposed to meet some people at an izakaya (kind of a Japanese pub) for drinks and food, but I chickened out and faked illness. I just knew if I went I would go completely off plan, and I feel like things are going so well now I just don't want to ruin it. When I get to phase two I can work in things like nights out, but for these 14 days I just want to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm trying to stay off the scale at the moment because a bad result puts me in a bad place mentally and tends to lead to me either cheating or having huge cravings for off-plan things (ahh, emotional eating). I stepped on the scale this morning for motivation to stay on plan for the three-day weekend (official WI on Monday); the SB book says that you can expect to lose 8-13lbs in the 14 day induction phase because of water weight, and I'm going in the right direction.

I was reading through a SB log on about.com and it was interesting to see how another person is doing, eating, and what to expect when I make the switch to phase two (I'm a little nervous about it). She weighed in every day for the sake of the article and it seemed to really frustrate her because of the fluctuations, so I think my idea to cut down scale time is a good one.

1 comments:

Alexia @ The One Last Thing said...

I do a lot better when I don't get on the scale often. You're doing great!