Thursday, September 18, 2008

I need to go shopping...

... but I don't want to take any money out of my account until I get paid tomorrow, so that I can send a chunk of it home. Today I just shoved some spoonfuls of chicken pieces that I cooked last night into a bag for my lunch (balanced huh?). I have spinach in my fridge but that's not really something you can precook for lunch.

I precooked a pack of chicken breast the other night because I forgot to separate them before freezing, so I had to thaw them all to get one for dinner. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't like it when I have meat ready made for my lunches. I like the convenience of it, but the chicken itself doesn't taste as good and can be quite tough. I'm gong to use up what I've got left but after that I'll just have to make time in the morning to make lunch.

I have my private class tomorrow so I'll get some cash for that. I can go shopping after the lesson but I hate doing it because the lady who drops me there after the lesson insists on waiting for me, which is lovely of her but means I don't get the chance to wander round the way I like. It always feels a little pressured

1 comments:

Once Upon A Dieter said...

I cannot eat reheated chicken or turkey. at all. There is something about poultry that when reheated changes in the taste and I gag and spit it out. Very inconvenient, but my taste buds are super-sensitive to the change in taste. I was surprised to find out about two years ago that my middle sister is the same with chicken. Eldest sis, not so much.

I bet you can cook up stuff pretty fast in the am (ie, give yourself and extra 20 mins).

Best with that,
The P