Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Horror

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday so that I would know where my starting point was for low-carbing. Then I had a back and forth argument with myself for the rest of the day over the fact that I didn't want to weight because the results were going to be unpleasant and I would hate it, but I needed a reference point. After deciding to be sensible and measure myself instead of weighing I realised this morning that I had forgotten and just got on the scale.

My mellow, it is harshed.

I knew it was high, I knew, but it's not the same as seeing it and realising exactly how much weight I've packed on since this time last year. And it was a new number, but not in a good way.

The number stuck with me for the rest of the day like a lump in my throat. Before anyone comments I know that if I stick to what I'm doing the number will be lower soon, but still, it was a bit of a blow.

But speaking of sticking to what I'm doing, I just went out to lunch and stuck completely to plan. My friend chose an Italian place for lunch which sent me into a bit of a frenzy, but then I calmed down a little because this is Japan and it's a chain restaurant, which means it will be serving Japanese style Italian dishes. I ended up getting the 'hamburger-steak' set menu (it's like a thick burger patty, but they don't serve it as a sandwich) that came with a piece of chicken, and a sauteed spinach salad with a little bacon in it. For drinks I stuck to water even though I had a bit of a moment at the machine where I wanted orange juice (not allowed in my first two weeks). I passed the order of rice they brought me over to my friend and am feeling good.

I was surprised and happy that it was so easy.

1 comments:

alexia.mom said...

I've been there. Hang in there! Good for you re: the rice!