Friday, September 26, 2008

Eeek!

A friend invited me to come out with a few people for a post-payday izakaya visit. Given that I didn't go to the last one and STILL haven't met the new people, I'm going to this one.

Argh. I'm a little nervous. I don't drink really, so not having alcohol isn't a problem, but there will be lots of food and (if I know my izakayas) none of it allowed. My game plan is basically just to do as well as I can. I haven't had my oatmeal today because I'm saving my starch for use there. I will probably be white rice from the sushi, or I'll count the batter/breading as my starch for the night, but I'll probably be holding water from the salt/soy that will be in the recipes. I hope the weekend will be enough to clear that salt out my system because I saw a nice number this morning. I'm going to eat before I go in the hopes that not being hungry will help me.

Bah, BAH. I can't just avoid people, that's not realistic, I have to learn to deal with these situations sooner or later. I just wish it was later, when the loss was bigger and feels less fragile.

Please don't let the cravings come back. Please don't let the cravings come back.

0 comments: