Sunday, September 7, 2008

Christmas/New Year plans!

I'm going to Malaysia for Christmas! A friend and I have booked flights to Kuala Lumpur and we're looking at hostels/hotels now. I've seen a beautiful looking one on the edge on the historical district (link). It's a budget hotel so I don't think the rooms will be anything special, but at the very least we should have our own bathroom rather than sharing one and it's very well located (there is a train station very near) and has a very picturesque style. I got a really good deal on flights considering how much some of the prices were ($2000+ with some day combinations! ARGH! I ended up getting it for $610 though).

I'm so excited! I'm slightly nervous as the last trip I went on with a friend (the same time last year as it happens) was rather a disaster. But then Bangkok on the whole didn't impress me as much as I thought it would (don't get me wrong, there were a few highlights, but it was so much dirtier and broken down than I was picturing) so the fact that I didn't end up getting along with the girl I went with was about on par with things.

The girl I'm going with now is absolutely lovely though, and we're both like little kids on Christmas Eve. We want to go everywhere and try everything.

Crap, time for pre-vacation diet (heh). I'm going to try that low carb thing after all. I went shopping yesterday and got some supplies, so I'll see how things go tomorrow.

1 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

Sounds like a great adventure, I hope you have a fabulous time!

Chubby Chick is hosting a Christmas Challenge, maybe some accountability with your motivation for your holiday would be an extra boost?