Sunday, July 13, 2008

Once more unto the breach

Yesterday was a busy day. It started with going to watch my school play baseball against the visiting ALT's main school (we won, hee!), then I had to go home and get my apartment ready because I had people staying for the night. It was the sayonara party so it was late one. Food wasn't great, I was meeting people for meals again (and I, err, may have had a chocolate doughnut for breakfast), but wasn't God awful, and I didn't drink alcohol at the party so I avoided a lot of calories that way. Shakes again today. I wish we could get over this 'goodbye' time, then I'd have less events to go to.

I got so burned at the game! My arms are about to go supernova! I was wearing a t-shirt so I've got a really bad farmers tan too, it was embarrassing to the point that I had to wear a cardigan over my outfit yesterday.

I worked out today, yay! The aircon went in on Thursday, then Friday I had the electrician coming to fix the breaker-box thing and then out for dinner, so it didn't happen before. I'm going to do my best to stick to it properly until I go home on the 22nd, and then I'll take the DVD home with me to use while I'm there. I won't be using the shakes while I'm at home so I'm hoping that will help to keep my weight level until I return to Japan. I want to buy a lot of clothes when I go home while I've got the chance, so I want to get myself to the best fit I can.

When I weighed myself a couple of days ago I was still 111kg (though, perhaps deservedly at this point). Maybe with the restart of my walking I can make the scale wobble a little. I'm seeing a little bit of a difference in my body. I have a spare tyre around the middle and while it's still very, very present, it's becoming less pronounced. Last night I wore a dress that I love, but I haven't been able to zip up for the last few months. It was a little tighter than I would have liked, but the design was of a style that it didn't really matter.

2 comments:

kathrynoh said...

It's goodto be able to get back into the workouts. Nice going at the party - those situations are always hard.

Cammy said...

I'd take a chocolate doughnut over alcohol, too! :)

Yaaay for the "new" dress!