Tuesday, July 1, 2008

HYC Check in

I haven't done a proper check in for a while because I haven't really been losing weight for a while, and didn't want to draw attention to it. This week, however, I have completely stayed my course. I started a new meal plan (supplemented with shakes) and have exercised every single day.

I was rewarded with a weigh in of 110.6kg (243.3lbs), putting me at a loss of 2.4kg (5.2lbs).

I've been doing a lot of exercise this week, but I'm kind of scared to have a rest day because I think if I stop I won't restart.

I went to the hyakuen store (Japanese version of the dollar store) today and bought a yoga mat to protect my tatami while I'm doing my walking, it's getting a little ragged at the moment. I also bought some of those plastic dumbbell things that you fill with water? I don't know if I'll really use them or not, but I want to add some sort of upper body as all of my current plans revolve around walking, and therefore just the lower.

I'm feeling good. I feel in control and like I'm going strong, but a little bit of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

16 comments:

Katschi said...

That's an amazing weight loss!
I love the pics of your bentos.
I find it awkward to turn down invites too, but I am getting better at it.

Linda said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog.

WELL DONE on the weight loss...FAB!!

Hugs x

Irish Mom said...

Hard work pays off!! Awesome job!!

Melzie said...

That's fabulous!! Look at you go!! WOW!!!! :)

Keep on going, sounds like your getting back on the wagon went perfectly!!

Mel checking in for HYC

Slenderella said...

5+ pound weight loss, FABULOUS!!! That should be quite motivating to keep going.

I usually try to exercise four times a week. If I miss two days in a row, it's really hard for me to get up off the couch and keep going. But once I get going, I'm so happy I did.

Do NOT let that shoe drop. Hold it tight, tape it to the ceiling.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Wow. Over five pounds!

YESSS!

Hey, if you wanna exercise every day, do it. Won't kill you. If you want to have a light exercise day, so be it. You're doing wonderfully this week. KEEP GOING!

The Princess

dadivastreet said...

What a great loss! Congrats!

mississippilinda said...

Great job on the weight loss!! :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog.
Keep on keeping on.

Lynn said...

over 5 pounds? Impressive!

countryjacket said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats on the weight loss. You are working towards a healthier you....and you should celebrate that fact.

I agree with Slenderella tape the shoe to the ceiling and keep up the great job you are doing.

Holly said...

Wow what an awesome loss!! Sounds like you are doing fabulous!!

Mama Bear June said...

Wow, congrats on staying the course this week and on the loss. I have read that with strength training, your body needs a day of rest between. So I do strength training M-W-F and walk or bike M-S, then rest on Sunday. I think it's good to have one day of rest. JMHO ;-) We lived in Japan from 1986-1989 while in the AF. (I know it barely counts when you have access to American products on a military base, though.) We loved it there.
Path to Health

Heather said...

great job this week! and thanks for the note...you are right...some people dont know what to do when they reach goal (which is partially why I decided to keep on losing weight rather than stopping). the reality is, it will be a lifelong journey to maintain.

Blubba said...

I completely understand the ups and down - looks like you're back on track. Keep up the good work!

Wallowgirl said...

Congrats! That's awesome!

Cammy said...

Congrats on the great loss, but more importantly for sticking to your plan like glue! I understand the almost-fear, but you can't dwell. Onward and upward, er, downward. :)