Friday, July 18, 2008

Getting ready

I'm going to be going home at stupid o'clock on Tuesday morning, THAT'S SO CLOSE YOU GUYS!

Actually, I'm going to be starting my trip home at stupid o'clock Tuesday morning, and what a journey it will be. I'm walking to my local train station to the first train at something past 5am. There is a bus that goes to the port, but I'm feeling very strongly that I may say 'screw that' and grab a taxi. The taxi will take me to the port where I will get the 6:20 ferry, which will get me to Nagoya airport at 7:05am. There I will wait until my flight at 10:35am, and fly for 6 hours to Bangkok. I have a God-forsaken 10 and a half hour wait at BKK, followed by a 12hr5m flight to London Heathrow, where my mum should be waiting to drive me the three hours home. Just in flight/layover time that's 28 hours or so.

O.o

I'm hoping for several things:

A) I don't fuck anything up with the times/travel, there are so many parts to go wrong.

B) That I can find some type of Nyquil or similar in BKK, because it's illegal in Japan so I can't get it here and if I have to be awake for the entire 12 hour night flight I am going to be sad indeed.

C) (*little voice*) That I fit in the seats, it may be a tight squeeze and I don't want to embarrass myself.

7 comments:

kathrynoh said...

bon voyage

Scale Junkie said...

Have a safe trip! Make sure you get up and walk around every once in a while during those long flights.

Once Upon A Dieter said...

Oh, I have that same worries about seats. :(

Do they sell Benadryl there. That makes me sleepy!

Have a safe and punctual trip. And I hope you're rested and get no germies at all.

Hugs,
The Princess

Wallowgirl said...

Be safe on your trip!
Why is Nyquil illegal?

Cammy said...

Wow! Hard to believe it's already here. Wishing you safe travels!

Blubba said...

God I remember travelling back to the States from inaka, Japan - a 4 hour bus ride out of the mountains, 2 hour flight to Tokyo, layover, then a 16 flight back home. Miserable, just miserable. I definitely remember the pain.

I hope you have a perfect flight (which, for me, involves falling asleep ten seconds after taking off and waking up ten seconds before landing) and enjoy the time at home!

Once Upon A Dieter said...

MIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSs

YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

The P