Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bleurgh

Well, I did it. I had a rest day.

I feel kind of cheated because it was sort of involuntary. I got home with every plan of doing my workout, but decided to have the rest of my shake first because I wasn't feeling too good. I assumed it was the heat making my head bang, which was leaving me feeling a little sick. Once I'd eaten (well, kinda) I would feel better.

It didn't happen. I put on the DVD telling myself just to gaman through it (gaman: patience, endurance, perseverance) and then it would be over, but about half a mile in my headache was worse and my nausea was growing. I gave up, had a quick shower, and crawled into bed at 7pm not caring how lame it was. I haven't been sleeping too well the last few days so it may just be me getting overtired. I woke up once in the night around 3:15, but aside from that slept through to my alarm at 6:45. I feel better today so we'll see if things stay that way.

So yesterday I only did about 2 miles (1.6 round trip to school, plus the aborted walking). I was prepared to feel really guilty about it, and while I would rather have just done it, I feel good knowing that I tried to do it at the very least, instead of just refusing.

2 comments:

Cammy said...

Oh yes, your body definitely needed a break! Hope you feel much better real soon!

kathrynoh said...

Getting proper rest and listening to your body is as much a part of weight loss as the exercise, I reckon :D