Thursday, June 12, 2008

Update blog - check

Meals planned - check
Shopping list for meals planned - check
Soul sold to recipezaar - check check

I spent my very productive morning at work scouring recipezaar for new things to try this week/end instead of marking the ever-increasing pile of student notebooks that are about to topple over an kill anyone in the immediate vicinity. And I'd do it again!

I then decided what meals I was going to eat and made up a shopping list so I know I'm only getting things I'm actually going to use, instead of buying things I think I usually have in the house and having to clear out their wrinkled remains a week (or more) later. Progress!

Included on the menu for the next few days is the proper version of the shrimp pasta I made the other day, Chicken Ghivenci which looks like it could make a really nice pasta sauce if I left out the potato, a mango chicken stir-fry dish that I am very excited about trying, and a roasted potato and green bean dish that I'm planning on having as a main instead of a side. It's going to be a tasty weekend.

To all non-British people who read my last post: 'Chuffed' was not a misspelling of 'chafed', it's slang that means 'pleased/happy' i.e. "I'm well chuffed!". Sorry for the confusion, but thank you for all your non-chafing suggestions!

4 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

I'm bilingual, I speak American and English :-)

Great job planning your menus and I love anything mango, I'm going to try that one.

Grumpy Chair said...

I'm laughing so hard at "Soul sold to recipezarr - check check".

And still laughing at my . . . ahem . . . confusion.

dadivastreet said...

Ohh, I may have to "rent" my soul to recipezaar, your menus sound delish!

Cammy said...

Wow, you are really organized! ::is impressed:: I wish you didn't live so far away. I might like to stop in around supper time. :)

Let us know how your luscious meals turn out!