Saturday, June 21, 2008

Old Mother Hubbard

My cupboards are bare! I'm doing to be making my lunch out of the sad remainders from my freezer and the potato I found on my table. That sounds even more sad when I see it typed out like this. I have to plan my meals for the next week so that I can go the grocery store today.

I bumped up my WATP to two miles today. Ha! I say that like me actually doing my WATP is a regular occurrence, when in fact I' only done in twice in recent history, but whatever - I bumped it up.

I think if I want to see any sort of difference then I have to increase my amount of planned exercise. I have a stationary job (sitting at a desk for the most part, or sometimes standing in front of a class) but walk a decent amount to get there, which means that my body is pretty much used to having a certain level of activity. I remember many a moon ago when I first started using this DVD, and how I saw a big difference quite quickly, but I was moving up from doing nothing to doing the one mile.

I suppose this is another one of those good and bad things. On one hand it's not bad that my body is used to waling a certain level, and therefore doesn't really care too much if I do another mile. On the other hand, it means more work for me to actually make a difference, and I'm not going to lie to you; I wasn't too thrilled at having to do even the one mile to begin with, so this is not cool.

I'm thinking of trying yoga. For a long time it seemed a little too hippie-dippy for me, and with my size there was no chance of me getting into the right positions without my body getting in the way. I have the flexibility of a rock though, so it would be nice to be a little more bendy.

3 comments:

pantrypuff said...

I did Kundalini yoga maybe a year ago and if I had the money for classes, I'd do it again. All you're doing is breathing and stretching. Let me tell you, I was shocked as hell at how much my body hurt the nextday. Must be good for you...

Cammy said...

My favorite yoga dvd is "Just My Size Yoga" with Megan Garcia. She's a plus-size model who's very comfortable in her curvy body and it shows. She has taken basic yoga moves and adjusted them for those of us who have bellies or breasts. It's a great way to dip the toe into the water, so to speak, and develop a sense of accomplshment as you move through the flow of poses.

Grumpy Chair said...

Hey, it isn't too late to join the why drive when you can walk/ride your bike challenge.

Let me know every Sunday night/Monday morning what your mileage was for the week.