Sunday, June 29, 2008

Me :1 DVD:0

Remember when I said I'd bumped my mileage up to 2? Well after my DVD crapped out I was having to take those two miles from the 4 mile express version and just turn it off half way through. With a few days exercise under my belt it seemed to be a little easier today, so I thought that I would try the three mile.

Turns out getting through those five minutes from two to three miles (when I usually turn it off) if the hardest part. I had given myself permission to quit after three miles but when I got there found that I just couldn't do it. I reached for the remote and that little voice in the back of my head was whispering "You're not actually exhausted are you? You could keep going a bit more. You'll feel guilty if you don't because you know you can, the fourth mile is mostly cool down anyway, so it's going to get slower any second". Given that the voice is usually telling me things like 'have cheese with that' and 'cookies = good' I was particularly surprised. Maybe the voice finally filled her Valium prescription? Maybe it has an evil identical twin that is working a plot against my normal inner voice and I'm just caught in the cross-fire? MAYBE I'M PUTTING TOO MUCH THOUGHT INTO THIS!?

Whatever it was, I've just completed the 4 mile express and have eaten completely to plan since Wednesday, so things are good.

0 comments: