Friday, June 20, 2008

Good in a bad way.

Today (in my infinite wisdom) I walked the humidity laden, sweat-drenched 0.87 miles/1.4km to school, went up two flights of stairs, sat down at my desk, and then realised I had failed to bring the power cord for the laptop I had just lugged in with me. I the had to leg it home and back again before the rest of first period finished in order to ensure that no one noticed I was gone. It was not fun.

I got back to school and attempted to look nonchalant while semi-collapsed at my desk in the staff room and furiously fanning myself.

I suppose all I can do is try to find the silver lining in this situation, which is that once I have walked home (yet again) I will have clocked up a total walkage of 3.48 miles/5.6km for the day, which is better than a slap in the face.

Yes, I could have gone without Internet for the day. I could also have gnawed off my own arm from boredom as I only have one lesson scheduled.

3 comments:

kathrynoh said...

Yah for unplanned exercise (although not in the humidity... yuck!)

Cammy said...

No way I would have walked back home, so MAJOR KUDOS to you for doing it!

pantrypuff said...

A day without Internet? I don't know what you mean...