Saturday, June 28, 2008

A day out

I was feeling a little bored of my DVD, and with the problems I been having with my player I didn't want to over-tax it too much, so I decided to go for a walk instead. There is a big video/DVD/CD rental place called WAY about a mile and a half down the road so I set off for it. I don't usually go down that way so it was a good walk to see what was around. Turns out it's not as far as it seemed when I'd been driven down the road before.

Some sights from my (fairly ugly) city:

I would have loved to have been on the board of marketing for this decision

I'm not going to lie, I'm not sure of the purpose of this building. Somehow I imagine an actual egg appreciation society being smaller and less organised

I walked normally so it wasn't exercise intensity, but it was a round trip of 5k and I quite enjoyed myself despite the light rain.

To all Americans: Why is it you use 5k/10k to describe a walk/race when you use imperial for everything else?

3 comments:

kathrynoh said...

I kinda wanna go to the Sad Cafe :)

It's weird about the 5km thing. In Australia we use metric but there are still a few things measured in imperial.

pantrypuff said...

Egg!

Cammy said...

I wanna go to the Sad Cafe, too! :)

I'm guessing the 5k/10k thing carries over from international track and field events? No clue, really.